August 12, 2010

LeTweet

"Don't think for one min that I haven't been taking mental
notes of everyone taking shots at me this summer. And I mean everyone!"

The previous is the now-famous tweet posted a couple of days ago by LeBron James. After LeBron's "Decision," I didn't think the fan/media reactions and comments were going to get to him. I don't think he thought it was going to get to him either. He probably didn't think there would be such a strong backlash after his move to Miami. He probably figured fans would be angry at him, and then eventually get over it and move on.

This tweet shows that it's getting to him.

LeBron recently took a trip to Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio. He was heckled through the entire time he was there. (Excuse the first 20 seconds or so are sideways...)

Now, just imagine this EVERYWHERE HE GOES. Reports stated he was booed walking into Carmelo Anthony's wedding, and even DURING the wedding reception. At the ESPY's (where he was absent for the first time since I can remember) when his name was said, a good half of the crowd booed in Los Angeles. I think it would get to the best of us at one point.

I've heard and read a lot of opinions on LeBrons recent tweet. On the Galloway & Co Radio show, Charles Barkley, TNT NBA analyst and NBA Hall-of-Famer, gave his opinion on LeBron's message to the public.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?rd=1#/podcenter/?id=5456630&callsign=ESPNRADIO&autoplay=1

I wouldn't have went as far to use to term "punk," but I can't disagree with anything Barkley said. A ton of people are on this mental list he has created. In addition, LeBron tweeting a threat doesn't make his image any better. So what? If I were him, I would show out on the basketball court and get over it. If he is okay with the decision he made, then he needs to go out and act like this isn't bothering him.

No comments:

Post a Comment